Muted Zebra

Monday, April 26, 2010

Sick :(

Here I still sit feeling yucky and doing absolutely nothing. I went to the Dr. today and he said the best medicine for what I have is NO medicine. I have had a fever since yesterday and have been feeling like crap since Saturday. I do have to take Tylenol which makes me sweat like crazy (trying to control my fever), but other than that I have been instructed to lay around, drink fluids and stay home until I have been without a fever for 24 hours. That means no work for me tomorrow either. Once again, my point to all this is that I bragged all day on Friday about winning Carrie Underwood tickets on the radio and the concert was Sunday night meaning I didn't get to go because I'm sick. BOO! TEARS! I am blessed in so many ways, but I have to insert a comment about how it would be my luck to win something (I never win), and then get sick and not be able to enjoy my winnings!


Enough of my pity party. On to the KY Oaks! It's this Friday and I'm going to continue to be excited and just pray that I feel well enough to leave for Louisville on Thursday night after work. I still believe that one day I will make it to the Derby, but for now I think the Oaks is a GREAT compromise!


The Oaks has a ladies theme and pink is the event color. UNFORTUNATELY, I have nothing pink! I didn't think that out too well when I planned my ensemble. I'm going to have to come up with something pink to add to my wardrobe for the day! Here is the dress I'm wearing and the shoes I bought on Saturday.(The pictures do not do it justice!)



I also bought some fun jewelry and will of course have on my hat! Now...lets just hope I feel good enough to make it there!

Have a good Monday night...I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars. GO OCHO CINCO!

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit, especially the shoes! Could you add a fun pink clutch? I hope you feel better. Nothing worse than feeling crappy leading up to a big event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the pink clutch is a great idea! I'm also very jealous that you're getting to go. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete