Muted Zebra

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Keeneland & Work

I'll start with work. One week from today is Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired's (my employer)fourth annual event "Dining in the Dark". It's a dinner event in which guests experience having dinner in a very dimly lit setting (with sunglasses on because we can't make the room pitch black) and they get to experience what life might be like with a visual impairment. Lots of work goes into an event like this (and I know because I'm the person assigned to it). Sooo many friends, colleagues, and even strangers have helped out with this event by donating items for our silent auction, donating money, offering to volunteer, etc. It's so nice to have so much support! I must admit though...I'm looking forward to next Friday when I can say the event is wrapped up for 2010!!



On to personal fun! Matt and I along with many of our friends will be going to Keeneland on Saturday! I can't wait. I love Keeneland and enjoy going as much as possible when it's open (in April and October). We have a large group of people going with us and we will be leaving our house at 8:30a.m. to head down to Lexington.





I can't wait to be on the horse farm, eating good food, drinking good drinks and all in good company (not to mention getting in a few bets)!

Signature

2 comments:

  1. I love Keeneland! You guys will have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to come to Clovernook all the time for work. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete