Muted Zebra

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

I have such exciting news (well for me anyway)! We are growing a garden! Thanks to our friends/neighbors (who have family close by with lots of land). We got some things planted...actually I watched more than I planted, but at least I was there for support! Here are a couple of pictures...




We planted broccoli, cauliflower, peas, lettuce and onions. Once it gets a bit warmer we will do tomatoes, peppers, etc. I have always wanted a garden so I really hope this is a success!

Last weekend me and two of my girlfriends went to Keeneland again! This time we got a bench and did some betting. We did win a few races (but also lost a few). All in all we had a great time!



On Sunday, Matt and I bought tile for our basement (the never-ending project) and also bought some curtains for our bedroom and a new vacuum! (No, I did not get the Dyson I have always wanted...it's just too expensive), but I did get a Hoover Pet Cyclone. So far I love it and its kind of gross the amount of "stuff" it picks up! Here is a sneak peek at our tile selections.

This one will be the kitchen floor and a small "living area" with a little pub style table.


This one is for the bathroom:


Lots to do...have a good week!

Signature

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your garden! I'm so jealous of your recent trips to Keeneland, I have missed this meet completely. And the tile choices are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's huge... I will have to come grocery shop for my fresh veggies at your place from now on! I can't wait to see it start growing... how fun, I want to have a garden too! Can't wait to see you again soon- I have so much to show you.. Well only two things (The Save the Dates & Invitations that I made)!!! WOO HOO HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!

    ReplyDelete