Muted Zebra

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lots going on

I haven't written in a while, but I have been busy! Work is very busy...I switched offices on Friday and I am not even close to being finished...wow was I in over my head! Last weekend me, Matt and my brother (Nolan) went to Red River Gorge and it was fun (and interesting). I was literally scared for the first couple of miles (of our trail) because I was convinced we were going to encounter a black bear or a snake. I finally snapped out of that and was able to enjoy myself. My asthma/allergies/whatever it is kicked in at first, but I got over it and had a good hike! Here are a few photos:


It was a very pretty day!


My hiking shoes :)


Nolan mis-behaving (as he was in nearly ALL of the pictures)


Me and Matt...very pretty view


Natural Bridge

Needless to say, we had a good time. It was a new experience for me and I realized I'm not much of a hiker. I had a great time, but I tripped, fell, twisted my ankle, ran into trees, etc. etc. etc. I think I held the boys up quite a bit...I'm a slow hiker. HA!

Last night we went out for my friend Mandi's 29th birthday and we had a great time. So much so that I'm NOT feeling well today. It's a lay in bed and do nothing kind of day.

I'm reading Portia De Rossi's book "Unbearable Lightness" and it is sooo good!



I saw her on Oprah and was fascinated by her and her story. I immediately went out and bought her book and I haven't been able to put it down (it's not a long read).

I'm off tomorrow for the Bengals vs. Steelers MONDAY NIGHT GAME!!!! Hooray! Wish us luck...were gonna need it! WHO DEY!


Signature

1 comment:

  1. Your brother is holding the biggest leaf I have ever seen!! Wow! Every time I see pics of Natural Bridge, I vow to go there--but I never have! It is truly gorgeous and I need to put that on my to do list :) Oh and I feel ya on the allergies...ugh!

    ReplyDelete